Saturday, April 28, 2007

A Beautiful Viewpoint - Author Unknown

For all of you who wake up in the morning, lay there for a few moments, trying to swallow the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach as you wonder where your man is, or how he's doing...this is for you. For all of you who start a countdown the minute he leaves, and continue to until he is back in your arms again...this is for you. For all of you who tear up everytime "Far Away" comes on the radio, or who press repeat when "Come Home Soon" plays in their car...this one's for you. For all of you who see Military billboards, ads in the paper, or commercials on TV and next notice the tears rolling down your cheeks, this is for you. This is for you. I am one of you too. This is for us. For all the times we sleep with our phones on the loudest possible volume, just as to not miss the call that just MIGHT come... For all the times we roll our eyes when another girl is depressed because she hasn't seen her guy in a week... For all the times we hear our guy's name mentioned out loud, and are momentarily frozen...in a trance...in love. For all the late nights that we spend alone, cuddling with our stuffed animals, wearing our guy's sweatshirts and sweatpants, and clutching the precious dog tags around our necks... This one's for us. We may feel weak on the inside, but on the outside we're strong. We may be drowning in tears on the inside, but on the outside, we are a rock. We may want to crawl in bed and sleep until our man comes home, but instead, we get up and go on with our daily lives with our men in our hearts. We may feel like we're slowly dying with each day we spend apart from our men, but instead, we put one foot infront of the other, and take each day as it comes. We are strong, and we are proud. We have more love in our hearts than we ever thought possible, and for this, we are thankful. We are thankful for our men and also for each other. We are Military gals, and we lean on each other. Alone we are weak, but together, we are strong. We help each other, and we survive. To all you Military gals out there, hold your head up and be proud. We are connected, ALWAYS.

Author Unknown

7 comments:

Melissa Murphy said...

Hi there- I'm a new reader... I love your layout! (lol. I have the same one!)

This is absolutely beautiful, and SO true. Oh, I remember it well.

Charley Grace said...

Found your blog and thought you'd appreciate this song about a little girl who asks Santa to bring her daddy home for Christmas.

http://www.bringhimhomesanta.com

Kristi said...

I absolutely loved this! I wish I could express myself as well as you have! :-)

joy said...

all i can say is HELP!! my husband is a utter compleat jerk since he got back from iraq. my daughter who is 15 does't want to be home becouse of him.he sleeps on the coutch ,he stinks from drinking,that makes my clean house smell with every thing init...exspecialy the coutch he sleeps on.he is rude,insulting,and some one i cant stand.with that sead he has been in 20 years and a ranger,inf. i just cant do it any more!!! HELP! i know im not the only one out there who is going through this. joy.

Nina said...

i no how this!!! each and everyday i sit by waiting for that call just to hear his voice again. every since day one that he left, i can not sleep well i can not well bcuz there is a whole missing inside of me. i no he does not feel the same bcuz of our problems... i cry when i think about him bcuz i miss him. i want him back now but its not possible. i dread the day i let him go.

LatoshaJackson said...

Well said, thanks for the encouraging words. I just found your site. It feels good to know that, their are others who go through like I do. See I'm new to this army life but, I been married for six years.Each day I take one day at a time. Praying that God will keep him safe. KEEP DOING, WHAT YOUR DOING!!

LatoshaJackson said...

Well said, thanks for the encouraging words. I just found your site. It feels good to know that, their are others who go through like I do. See I'm new to this army life but, I been married for six years.Each day I take one day at a time. Praying that God will keep him safe. KEEP DOING, WHAT YOUR DOING!!